How to Get Rich by "Serving" the Public
Long before Jim Messina became a trusted aide to President Barack Obama and one of the most powerful men in Washington, he was just a simple boy from Boise. Now, after working in politics for just over a decade, he lives in a lavish D.C go to my site. estate. How this happened is a classic Washington Cinderella story.
The Real Reason for Torture
I assert that torture has a very specific political function that has nothing to do with the gathering of "intelligence," but everything to do with the projection of the image of the state as a lawless and fearsome entity to its citizens and to the rest of the world, capable of the most heinous and cruel depravity, and thus sending the message that it is not to be disobeyed. This is the same psychological "logic" behind extrajudicial murder (assassinations, drone killings) and the Guantánamo Bay prison, where due process is openly violated.
Admiral speaks his mind about history...
James Aloysius "Ace" Lyons, Jr. (born September 28, 1927) is a retired Admiral in the United States Navy whose 36-year career was capped by serving as Commander, U.S. Pacific Fleet from 16 September 1985 to 30 September 1987. (Wikipedia)
Don't wait for this Admiral's appearance on Meet The Press.
Yet One More Reason to Hold Major Media in Contempt
Propagandizing 70 percent of the population is not easy to do, and obviously requires active deceit or pervasive acquiescence by the country’s news media. As part of his discussion last night, Oliver showed my favorite MSNBC clip in order to illustrate the lack of substantive surveillance discussion in the media:
Baltimore Mayor: “We also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well.”
Baltimore has erupted in chaos ever since Freddie Gray died in police custody after being arrested on drug suspicions. It’d gotten so bad that the violent rioters protesters exercising their first amendment rights were so passionately violently rioting exercising their first amendment rights, people weren’t allowed to leave the Orioles/Red Sox game… because of all the violent rioting free speech that was going on outside.
Thankfully, Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake held a news conference to urge calm…
Why we need journalists and readers who understand when they are being fed propaganda
Editor: The following article illustrates the kind of shoddy writing that passes for journalism today.
or Questions About Sunday Times Snowden Story
The Sunday Times has a front page story out today claiming that the Chinese and Russian governments have somehow managed to obtain National Security Agency whistleblower Edward Snowden's trove of documents. The story is sourced from anonymous UK government officials who make a series of significant allegations, unfortunately backed up with zero evidence. It's worth going through some of the key points of the story to cast some critical scrutiny on the central claims and to raise a few questions about them:
1) "RUSSIA and China have cracked the top-secret cache of files stolen by the fugitive US whistleblower Edward Snowden...according to senior officials in Downing Street, the Home Office and the security services."
- In the Washington elite, you never have to say you’re sorry
- Rand Paul is Finished!
- Windows 10 is spying on almost everything you do
- Why Obama and Hillary must stop Donald Trump at all costs
- Listen to LWRN on YouTube
- Michael Peroutka at the Kim Davis Rally 09/05/15
- What Environmentalists Don't Want You To Know
- It’s all about the energy, stupid!
- Trump Announces His Gun Plan
- What Does Charlie Rose Have in Common with my Cat?
- Why You Support Terrorists
- Death of a Patriot
- Is Instability the Goal of U.S. Mideast Policy?
- We Could Learn a Lot from this Guy
- Was He Stopped Because of Ron Paul?
- Mindless terrorists? The truth about Isis is much worse
- Global Warming: Making the Ruling Class into the Crackpot Class
- Why Can't We Defeat Isis: It will hurt the Environment!
- Rohrabacher Statement on Turkey’s Clash with Russia
- What the Islamophobes Won’t Say About the West’s Destruction of the Mideast
Page 4 of 11